Thursday, February 23, 2012

Marvellous Things



Who would have guessed that trying to go home for a week would become such a chore? I am about to the point of asking complete strangers if they would like to go for a 10hr drive north for a nice, cold tour of southern Alberta for a week in March... I may just have to come up with a better pick-up line.  People tend to want to go to California and Mexico instead, hard to believe, I know!

Turns out that after the break it will be very near to the summer months and I’ve been doing terrible when it comes to working out- I blame it on my cold. Regardless, my one piece, speedo swimsuit that seems to hug my body in my most favorite areas, may not be such a lovely contraption to squish into this year.  It usually fits so well other years…. Ha-ha

On a completely different note, my anatomy class has the lovely PRIVILEGE of working on cadavers for the remainder of the semester. How special! There is nothing I love more than handling someone who has been dead for over a year and is watered every now and then so they don’t dry out. Wednesday was our first time in the cadaver lab, which was conveniently after our test-so I was already stressed! I already felt light headed from thinking so hard for the past 20hrs. (No, my test did not take me 20hrs to complete, that was the time Courtney and me crammed as much knowledge we could into our caput, also known as your cranium, skull, or head.) So we walk in and there are three black body bags on the tables. We are taken to the end of the room to put on some aprons and gloves. We are then asked to put on some safety goggles- just incase some of the “juices” squirt into our eyes. We go through precautions; what to do when we feel light headed and then asked to not high-five the cadavers or steal them and take them to the ball games with us (charming).

The next two hours were spent “checking out” Mary, Robert and Sally. I am glad to tell ya that I did not pass out and was able to stay focused the majority of the time. The only thing that did make me sick were those terrible plastic goggles, they spent the majority of the time on top of my head or hanging under my chin- I have confidence in my blinking reflexes when something comes lunging towards my eyeball, I don’t need those!
 Now don't all go running to your nearest cadaver lab! As thrilling as that may all seem, it's really not all that exciting and was somewhat disgusting. 
I apologize, this entry has no direction. I just looked in the mirror though- that I do a lot since it covers my entire wall directly in front of my bed- but I have mascara under my entire left eye, down my cheek and then across my left hand. In a perfect line.. I’m confused my this.  Heck, I probably wandered campus all day looking like this! This is why guys flock at my feet! Girls, take note! 



Now as fulfilling as this whole thing has been i'm going back to my books! And just incase any of you are curious, I now have 71 days until May 4th-my day of freedom! Just thought i'd throw that out there.

1 comment: