Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Holidays!


I’m back!! Christmas break came and went and suddenly my head is back in the books. Rather then dwell on that after my first week back, I’d rather look back on my break and fill everyone in on my exciting life…. Ha
            SO!! It basically started on December 16- my birthday!! It starts there for that reason only and it was a great birthday spent in Salt Lake with Ken’s parents and Grandparents! I turned 21 woohoo.
Ken and my parents surprised me and shipped me home to Canada early on December 17. By shipped I mean flew. I left the Salt Lake City Airport at 830am and was in cold Calgary by 230! There my family eagerly awaited my arrival and we went home to lovely Raymond! Oh how I love Alberta…and miss it. Ken is amazing and loves me and stayed behind and worked for a few extra days. He too flew to Calgary and my Mom and I went to fetch him when he arrived. He didn’t have quite the luxury of getting dropped off at the airport in SLC by a loving spouse however. Rather, he had to trudge through snow at 4 something in the morning to catch a shuttle on campus that would take him there. (He walked in the middle of the road with his luggage cause that was where the light was…poor man). He arrived though and I took him home to show him how the Sherwood’s/Heggie’s spend their Christmas!
            The charm of that idea lasted a few days, and ended abruptly.  It was the night of my friend’s “get together”. I had left Ken at home and was over at my friend’s house when I shortly realized that I felt like I was going to die. My parents had been sick recently so I assured myself I was thinking about that too hard and faking it. I pushed that reasoning aside shortly after however. I ended up calling my dad to come pick me up and home I went.  When I got home I was informed that Ken had also been feeling sick and I found him sitting in our bedroom concentrating intensely on magnets. When I say he did that for hours, I mean he did that for HOURS!! 3 seconds after getting home I was puking my brains out. When I was back in one piece I walked into the living room where Brittney was, she too mentioned she was feeling a little light headed. 3 seconds later she was throwing up. And that’s when the glory of it all began. To spare details, Ken and I were up ALL night.  The next day we took medication and maybe were awake a total of 3 hours. Brady also got it that morning. So within 24 hours Me, Ken, Brittney and Brady all got sick. It was lovely!
            We did slowly recover, and minus that experience I really did love being home! We spent a lot of time together as a family. We completed a mystery puzzle… of which we never solved…went skating on my cousin’s homemade ice rink, we went tubing behind quads on Corner Lake, we went snowshoeing in freezing waterton, went to a hockey game (with friends), played A LOT OF GAMES (Ken loved every second of it) and just hung out around the house. AND I GOT TO HOLD HAZEL A LOT!!! How much better can it really get?!
            I love them all and can’t wait till I have all my legal married shin digs complete so I can go back to Alberta and visit them whenever the goodness I want! It will be fantastic. 







No comments:

Post a Comment